The following resources are intended to assist faculty working with Capstone courses, field-based opportunities, and courses that have research projects requiring an IRB.
Capstone & ILC Courses
Field-Based Learning Resources
If you have planned class activities which occur off-campus:
- Download the form and make enough copies for each student in your class
- Each student must complete and return this form to you on the first or second class meeting of the term
- Completed waivers should be left with the campus staff.
Field-Based Learning Opportunities List
IRB process - IRB must be followed in the cases where students will be conducting research involving:
- Surveying or interviewing human subjects
- Observing or testing human subjects
- Reviewing existing records about human subjects to collect data