- January Faculty Update: New Deadline for Submitting Final Grades to WebROCK (PDF)
- GSC Faculty Notes Fall 2016 E-News was launched in November. Click here to access a PDF of the e-newsletter.
This year nine GSC faculty participated in the 6th Annual Academic Technology Institute (ATI) hosted at KSC. This year the ATI was held in conjunction with the recently launched USNH Open Education Initiative. Each faculty submitted a proposal for an Open Ed project to implement in one of their courses over the next few terms. Read more.
- GSC Faculty Notes Summer 2016 E-News was launched in August. Click here to access the e-newsletter.
- GSC was included in an Inside Higher Ed article in June for its role in The University System of New Hampshire's yearlong open education initiative to promote affordable textbooks, collaboration and open-access publishing. This year's ATI Institute focused on the theme, and you can view a recording of the opening keynote by Robin DeRosa from Plymouth State University.
- GSC Faculty Notes Spring 2016 E-News Launched in May. Click here to access the e-newsletter.
JONATHAN D. KIPP, faculty for Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, received the College's 2016 Distinguished Faculty Award.
- GAIL POITRAST, Senior Lecturer at GSC, received her Doctorate in Education with a specialty in K-12 Leadership from New England College in Henniker, NH. Congrats, Dr. Poitrast!
- 10 FACULTY from Granite State College have been chosen as Ambassadors for 2016 ATI Institute. Follow #usnhshare on Twitter to join the conversation! Resources and initiatives explored include: SPARC, a global coalition dedicated to making Open the default to research and education; PressBooks, a tool to create print and ebooks; Hypothes.is, a collaborative annotation tool; openstax and Open Book Publishers, OER textbooks.
Granite State College is dedicated to sharing lessons learned about teaching and learning. Check out how our faculty and staff participate in communities of practice and advance the field of teaching and learning:
- Joe Stehno, Ph.D. Lecturer in Communication and member of the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, presented an educational session titled "Refresh your Listening Skills" on Nov. 5th at the Toastmasters International District 45 Conference at St. Andrew's by-the-Sea, New Brunswick. This interactive workshop, attended by more than 70 Toastmasters, focused on having participants practice proven physical and psychological listening behaviors.
Reta Chaffee, Director of Educational technology for GSC, and Terri Winters (Director of Academic Technology, UNH) will present “Anatomy of a Statewide Initiative in Open Education” at the 28th Annual WCET Conference in Minnesota, October 12-14. #WCET16
- Liz Gauffreau, Lecturer and Director of Individualized Learning at GSC, published an article in summer 2016 in the international journal, Prior Learning Assessment Inside Out titled RED CARS: Portfolio Assessmentof Experiential Learning as Critical Inquiry. Click Here to Learn More.
- Multiple faculty from GSC co-authored and recently published an article in the spring 2016 edition of the NH Journal of Education, titled Enhancing Online Learning to Include Every Learner, Every Day. Congratulations go out to Tammy Carnevale, Kelly Clark, and Julie Moser.
Steve Covello, GSC’s Rich Media Specialist and online instructor, made a keynote presentation for the University of Wisconsin System’s Virtual Showcase on April 5, 2016. The presentation entitled “Rich Media in Teaching and Learning: What is it and how can you use it right now?” is an extension of his work in promoting the use of non-text communication media in GSC’s online courses. Click Here to Learn More
Have you engaged in outreach in relation to your courses at GSC and subject matter expertise? Have a teaching strategy you would like to share?
Help us share your good work by completing our online form.