- LOCATING A STUDENT'S ADVISOR: Every degree student has an assigned Academic Advisor who is available to support students in their academic success. Please review this webpage to learn more about when you may want to consider contacting the student's Academic Advisor.
- STUDENT PROGRESS REPORTING: Academic Affairs requires all faculty to report the academic progress of ALL students via WebROCK during the term, including those who are “at-risk” because they are doing poorly, not participating, etc. Your feedback will assist student support teams to better understand how all students are progressing and ample time to follow up with students to help guide them about resources and supports that may improve their academic work before the withdrawal date. This process also helps minimize the academic and financial consequences of an unsuccessful term.
- STUDENT RESOURCES: GSC offers a variety of student resources. Explore this website to learn more about supports available to students.
Grading Guidelines & Resources
- GUIDELINES FOR GRADING & EVALUATION: Explore this link to learn more about general grading guidelines. For grading information specific to Graduate Studies: Click Here
- FINAL GRADES: All grades must be submitted via WebROCK no later than 3 days from the last day of the semester. Even if you use Moodle to track grade progress, you will still need to manually enter final grades via WebROCK. Explore this link for Information About WebROCK & Final Grades
- INCOMPLETE (IC) GRADE PROCEDURE [Source: Registrar's Office Forms & FAQs page]
Incomplete (IC) Grades Must be Approved by GSC in Advance. Please Review the Procedure document above before awarding any student a grade of "IC"
If any of your students are planning to submit an Incomplete Grade Contract, please keep the following details in mind:
- The fully completed Incomplete Grade Contract must be submitted via your go.granite email to email@example.com by the last day of class. Submissions will not be accepted after this day.
- The updated form and procedures can be found at the GSC website: http://my.granite.edu/forms-faqs.
- Upon receipt, you will be reached with either a final decision on the submission or to provide additional information.
- If approved, the final grade to the student’s final submitted coursework must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave the student’s grade in WebROCK blank.
- If you have any questions or concerns on this process, please reach out to the Associate Dean or Program Director.
- STUDENT GRADE APPEALS: There may be circumstances beyond a student's control that prevent him/her from completing his/her coursework for a term. Students should consult with an Academic Advisor prior to withdrawing or beginning the petition process. Petitions may also be submitted for variance of other college policies. If you have a student who is asking for a grade appeal, please refer them to the Petition Guidelines and Forms website at: http://my.granite.edu/petition-guidelines-and-forms
Plagiarism and Cheating
Granite State College's Faculty Handbook outlines information, polcies, and procedures about plagiarism and cheating.