Granite State College is dedicated to sharing lessons learned about teaching and learning. Check out how our faculty and staff participate in communities of practice and advance the field of teaching and learning.
Have you engaged in outreach in relation to your courses at GSC and subject matter expertise? Have a teaching strategy you would like to share?
Help us share your good work by completing our online form.
Faculty participating in the recent Academic Technology Institutes have reason to be proud: the work done as a system on behalf of Open Education efforts was included in the 2018 EduCAUSE Horizon Report. Check it Out!
- GSC faculty members Elizabeth Reed and Julie Moser, along with a fellow colleague from Plymouth State University, published an article in EDUCause: Using a Course Start-Up Message to Improve Student Outcomes.
- Dr. Dennis Martino published an article in January 2018 in the Public Administration Times, "Is Your Organization Mentally Healthy?". Dr. Martino is a Graduate Studies lecturer and recipient of the 2016 GSC Distinguished Faculty Award.
- Julie Moser, MA, CAGS, Senior Lecturer and Director of Faculty Development, presented during the World Conference on Online Learning in Toronto, October 17-19, on the topic of developing and sustaining Online Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) in Higher Education.
Steve Covello, Rich Media Specialist for GSC, led a daylong NERCOMP workshop: "Teaching with Rich Media" which will be held on September 27, 2017 in Worcester, MA. https://nercomp.org/forms/meeting/Microsite/RichMedia,0
- An article was published in spring 2017 in the New Hampshire Journal of Education by Julie Moser, MA, CAGS, Senior Lecturer and Director of Faculty Development, on the topic of online professional communities.
- Liz Gauffreau, Senior Lecturer, published an article in summer 2016 in the international journal, Prior Learning Assessment Inside Out titled RED CARS: Portfolio Assessment of Experiential Learning as Critical Inquiry. Click Here to Learn More.
- GSC Faculty member and Instructional Designer Erin Courville won 1st Place for the 2018 Remote Learner Idea-a-Thon. Learn more!
- Dennis Martino appeared on Concord News Radio (listen here). Dennis Martino is a Graduate Studies lecturer and recipient of the 2017 GSC Distinguished Faculty Award.
This year nine GSC faculty participated in the 7th Annual Academic Technology Institute (ATI) hosted at Plymouth State University. This year the ATI was held in conjunction with the recently launched USNH Open Education Initiative. Each faculty submitted a proposal for an Open Ed project to implement in one of their courses over the next few terms.
- Mark Jewell and Dennis Martino were awarded the 2017 Distinguished Faculty Award.
- GSC was included in an Inside Higher Ed article in June for its role in The University System of New Hampshire's yearlong open education initiative to promote affordable textbooks, collaboration and open-access publishing. This year's ATI Institute focused on the theme, and you can view a recording of the opening keynote by Robin DeRosa from Plymouth State University.
- GAIL POITRAST, Senior Lecturer at GSC, received her Doctorate in Education with a specialty in K-12 Leadership from New England College in Henniker, NH. Congrats, Dr. Poitrast!
Monthly Matters Newsletter
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018