Learners at Granite State College are amazing examples of adults who have passion and dedication toward a goal. If you’ve ever had a chance to attend our commencement ceremony, a capstone presentation, or have
Learners at Granite State College are amazing examples of adults who have passion and dedication toward a goal. If you’ve ever had a chance to attend our commencement ceremony, a capstone presentation, or been part of one of our professional development offerings, you know what I’m talking about.
If you haven’t had a chance to attend our spring graduation ceremony, here are three reasons to add this to your calendar in 2020:
- The learners. As faculty, you know how much they’ve put in to meeting their academic goals. Join fellow GSC faculty to help them celebrate!
- Your fellow faculty. There’s no better time to meet up with and network with our own teaching community than commencement as we celebrate the third reason.
- The learners. Yup, they’re on this list twice. Because while they celebrate their big day, they’re also transitioning to our student alumni group. And some of them even become part of our faculty family!
But how do we stay connected as online faculty when we aren’t at graduation? This year we’re continuing our efforts to connect with one another around teaching and learning strategies that tap into quality, innovation, and collaboration to help all learners succeed.
Here are a few ways you can stay connected:
- Join one of our First Fridays drop-in sessions, starting in August 2019. There’s no agenda – this is just an open time to ask questions and connect with others. Learn more.
- Attend an upcoming faculty development session. Learn more.
- Read (or watch, or listen) all about it! Do you open our monthly faculty e-newsletter? If not, you’ve been missing out on some great info about our teaching community. Not receiving it? Check your spam folder and contact Shari Colby.
- Share your voice! Want to share a teaching tip, strategy, or resource with your fellow faculty? Submit a blog post, video link, or audio link with us for this website and our monthly Faculty Matters e-newsletter.
- Save the date for our first Virtual Conference on Teaching & Learning in Adulthood: February 14, 2020 (snow date February 21, 2020). This is free to GSC faculty – registration and more info is coming soon!
Here’s to an amazing academic year ahead, and thank you for everything you do keep our students engaged!
– Julie Moser, Ed.D. | Assoc. Dean of Academic Engagement & Faculty Development