*Note: Students can use this same link above, please feel free to forward if requested by your students.
What Is It?
- CoursEval is a web-based tool GSC uses for course and faculty evaluations each term.
- It has been set up so that students and faculty log in with their GSC username and password.
- Each term, students receive notices alerting them that course evaluation surveys have been opened.
- Students receive reminders until the course evaluation survey is complete or the survey window has closed.
- The course evaluation will open approximately two weeks prior to the last day of class.
- You will receive communications from CoursEval prompting you to remind your students about the importance of completing the course evaluation.
How to Use CoursEval
- Once the term is complete and all grades college-wide have been finalized, the course evaluation results will be made available to you.
- Once you receive the CoursEval communication indicating the evaluation results are available, log in using your GSC user name and password. This communication will include a link to CoursEval.
- Once you are logged into CoursEval:
- You should land on the My Reports page. If not, click Reports on the left-hand side of the page.
- In most cases, you will need to click on the “here” link in the “Click here to view past reports.”
- You will now see the evaluation reports dashboard. The evaluations will be listed in chronological order.
- Click on the evaluation report you wish to review.
What Questions Are Learners Asked?
Learners are asked to provide ratings on the following prompts as part of Student Course Evaluations:
- The instructor provided a learning environment that was intellectually engaging
- The instructor encouraged me to express my opinions and ask questions
- I was provided with timely and helpful feedback
- Expectations for student performance were clearly communicated
- The instructor promoted interactive and collaborative learning
- The instructor showed enthusiasm for this subject
- The instructor provided real world application of course content
- The instructor summarized and emphasized key points
- The instructor responded promptly when I had questions or concerns
- The instructor helped me to understand the value of this course
- I would recommend this instructor to other students