New or Rehired Faculty Payroll Tasks: Within 3 Days of Start of Term
New faculty have access to WISE on the first day of the start of term. The following tasks are critical for new faculty to complete within three days of the start of term:
- Residents of CT, ME, MA, NY, RI and VT: Use WISE to Complete the out-of-state tax witholding deduction form.
- All Faculty: Use WISE to complete a direct deposit form (see the “Direct Deposit” instructions on the GSC Human Resources website)
- All Faculty: Use WISE to complete a W4 form (see the “W-4” instructions on the GSC Human Resources website)
Note: If selections are not made, rates will default based on the residency information on file, at the default rate required for your state. For all other states, tax withholding deduction is not managed by GSC and is the responsibility of the individual.
General Payroll Information
Questions: Questions regarding any of the above or on the pay rate for courses you are teaching should be directed to your hiring director. Paycheck delivery status or errors can be directed to Payroll & Financial Services via GSC.Payroll@granite.edu or call 603-513-1329.
- Pay Information: View your payroll/paycheck details, timesheet entry, direct deposit setup/changes, and more.
- Address Information: It is your responsibility to notify GSC if the state in which you have been identified as living in is not correct. Please log into the following two sites to confirm/update your address information. If it is not correct, you must immediately update these sites. Please note, if your Postal Mailing address is just a PO Box, a residence address must be provided as well.
- Name Change: If your name has changed, see instructions on updating the college.
- Tax Withholding: Federal (W4) and Out-of-State tax withholding deduction (for CT, ME, MA, NY, RI, VT only) can be viewed and updated in WISE after receiving the first paycheck. Log into WISE, then select “Federal and State Income Tax Withholding, Benefits and Deductions”. See setup and/or updating instructions for state income tax withholding deductions for WISE
2021 Payroll Calendar: View faculty payroll distribution dates:
Web-Time Entry Instructions for Project Faculty
- Please review the Onboarding Kronos Communication to learn more about recording your time in the Kronos Workforce Dimensions Time-Keeping System.
- Other Helpful Resources for Navigating Kronos:
NEW or REHIRED FACULTY
I9 Form: New faculty hired to teach at Granite State College, or those who have had a break in their teaching appointment of a year or more, must submit an I9 form. If residing in New Hampshire, this may be accomplished by visiting a GSC campus, (find a campus near you). It is suggested to call ahead to make an appointment. If residing outside of New Hampshire, the I9 form must be notarized and mailed in along with copies of either your passport or driver’s license and social security card to:
Attn: Anne Dubois
Granite State College
25 Hall Street
Concord, NH 03301
To expedite processing, copies can be faxed to 603-415-4158.
Background Check: Granite State College will issue a background check after submission of the I9 form or after a break in appointment after a year or more. The background check is initiated from the Human Resources department via an email from HireRight. Upon receiving the email, the background check must be completed prior to teaching at Granite State College. For more information on this process visit the Human Resources page.
Returning Faculty: If returning after one year of inactivity (not teaching), an I9 Form must be resubmitted and a background check will be re-initiated for completion.
One-time Payment: If receiving only one payment for a project or special agreement and are unable to use WISE, a form may be completed and submitted with the I9 form.
For information on the hiring process, see the Faculty Handbook.