Teaching Online for the First Time?
Don’t Panic! 🙂
Teaching online embraces the positive, effective teaching practices you use in your face-to-face courses, it just unfolds in a slightly different way.
Rest Easy: We’re With You!
We’ve been helping faculty embrace engaging and effective online teaching practices for decades and we have a robust support system in place.
Our Virtual Faculty Coaching program is comprised of fellow faculty members – many of whom are also alumni of Granite State College and understand the needs of online students. In the spirit of community collaboration and engagement, we want to share some of our lessons learned and resources that may be helpful.
Teaching Online First Aid Kit
- Teaching & Learning Online FAQ (Word | PDF)
- Take Your Teaching Online (Free Course from Open University)
- Working from Home Virtual Meeting Tips (Website)
- EDUCause COVID-19 Compiled Resources (Website)
- Zoom Training Resources: Videos, Webinars and More (website)
- Self-Care for Resilience (resource list)
Online Teaching Tips
Online learners tell us that they succeed when faculty are engaged and provide high levels of communication, supportive, and substantive feedback. In 2020, Granite State College faculty collaborated during a unique micro-credential opportunity where they shared high-impact online teaching practices and favorite resources, which can be helpful to anyone new to teaching online or looking for inspiration for continuous improvement.
Stay tuned as more resources are added to this area!
- Early Engagement Activities (Word | PDF)
- Classroom Management Strategies (Word | PDF)
- Tips for Introduction Forums (Word | PDF)
- FlipGrid to Boost Social Presence (Word | PDF)
- Engagement Strategies for Online Collaboration (Word | PDF)
- How Welcome Videos Helps Faculty Connect with Learners (Video)
- Stop-Gap Strategies to Quickly Transition Courses to Online (Cengage video)
- Eight Lessons Learned from Teaching Online (Website)
- Universal Design & Accessibility (Website)
- Rethinking Online Exams (Infographic)
- ACUE Teaching Online Toolkit (Website)
- Pivoting from In-Person to Online Teaching (Macmillan video)