Plan, Teach & Inquire
This resource page provides a one-stop shop for tools and important information related to course planning, teaching, and inquiry activities. New to GSC? Please refer to the “Welcome to Teaching at GSC!” resource course provided to you by the Assoc. Dean of Academic Engagement & Faculty Development; it provides just-in-time resources and information, deadlines, and coaching.
There’s a lot to keep track of as we work to ensure our courses and teaching practices are prepared, personal, and proven. Two resources can help us save time without compromising our teaching practice:
Before the Term Begins
- HIRE LETTERS: Review and respond to your e-hire letter for each course you teach. Note: Undergraduate faculty may also receive an “availability” inquiry for planning purposes only; the actual agreement is marked as “agreement” and you need to respond to it even if you already indicated you were available. Your agreement includes critical information related to expectations, textbooks, syllabi, etc.
- TEXTBOOKS: If applicable, select and submit textbook information as instructed (info for undergraduate courses available here). Confirm with your hiring supervisor whether a textbook has already been ordered. Click here for info about ordering a desk copy. Verify your textbook: check the GSC Bookstore to see which textbook students will be ordering for your class and be sure to use the edition(s) listed in the bookstore.
Planning Your Course
- Course rosters are available in WebROCK; choose the “Summary Class List” option; for face-to-face courses, you’ll be provided with a roster on your first class. NOTE: New faculty won’t be able to access WebROCK until the term begins. Your hiring supervisor can answer enrollment questions.
- Syllabus Templates:
- Library Services for Faculty
- Instructional Design Support
- Teaching Strategies & Resources