Working with Academic Advisors
Every degree student has an assigned Academic Advisor who is available to support students in their academic success, so they encourage you to contact them directly if you feel they can be of assistance. Consider contacting the student's Academic Advisor:
- When a student may need to support for any academic need, including math and writing support
- With any issues that may be precursors to a violation of Code of Conduct
- When a student may need face-to-face Moodle instruction
- If a student is missing from class more than two weeks and your attempts to reach have not been successful
- With questions pertaining to a student's request for an Incomplete.
- With questions regarding a student's ADA accommodations.
For faculty teaching face-to-face courses, your course roster includes the name of each student's Academic Advisor.
For faculty teaching in Graduate Studies, your program director is the student's advisor.
For faculty who teach online/blended/hybrid courses (or who use Moodle for face-to-face classes), you can find a student's assigned Academic Advisor in eLearning+ (Moodle) by:
- Accessing Report 110 in Moodle - learn more at https://it.granite.edu/faculty-reports, or
- Accessing the Enrolled Users list as described below:
1. Go to the Administration block. Click on Users and select Enrolled users.
|2. Select the student’s name from your Enrolled users list.|
|3. Select the Full profile link to open that student’s profile.|
|4. The student’s Academic Advisor’s name is located in the profile. See staff directory for contact information.|