The following student resources at GSC are vital services and resources for both faculty and students:
- Student Affairs Homepage
- Student Disability Services Referral Form for faculty
- ADA Faculty Training PowerPoint
- Student Tutoring Resources
- GSC’s Academic Support Center has invested in Brainfuse. Please review "5 Things About Brainfuse" for more information or watch a recording of the faculty webinar on Brainfuse at: https://youtu.be/BK4mxEmBytU
- Live tutoring supports in the topics of math, writing, and general education are available for students. When referring students to live tutoring supports for writing, please be sure to complete the GSC Faculty Proofreading Referral Form and share this with students; the student will share this with their tutor. Please keep in mind that tutoring sessions are limited to 45 minutes; specify the areas that need the most support to be sure the session is productive.
Not sure what to say to students when referring them to tutoring resources? Consider the following language:
Our assignment this week is intended to help build <<list the relevant skills, knowledge, attutides>>. I've included descriptive, formative feedback on your submission, and have identified a few areas for you to focus on <<list those areas succinctly using bullet points or use the proofreading form above>>. Granite State College is dedicated to academic support for our students and offers live tutoring support. I would encourage you to take advantage of our live tutor option, as they can provide one-on-one support in this area. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
- Moodle Tutorials for Students
- Career Planning & Job Resources
- Experience Kuder Journey: All GSC students have free access to this career assessment, education, and planning tool. Click here to set up a Kuder Journey account of your own to explore how it might assist your students.