For GSC faculty who teach undergraduate courses which have no pre-selected textbooks, please use the MBS Direct system. This system allows you to select required and suggested course textbooks, indicate when no textbooks are required, and include notes to students about required course supplies (e.g., art supplies). If your course does not require a textbook, click on “Add Adoptions” and select “No Textbook Required” from the drop-down box. If your course has a pre-selected textbook, it will be noted in your hire letter and added for you by GSC.
Before You Begin:
- Keep your course information handy (such as the CRN number and course location, included in your hire letter). Even if you do not have a textbook or required supplies for your course, you must complete this process.
NOTE: Textbooks for courses within the School of Education and Graduate Studies are uploaded by GSC. Faculty should reach out to their lead faculty or program director for textbook questions or recommended / required resources. Information about Desk Copies may be found here.
- Username: check with your hiring supervisor (or for Undergrad, check your hire letter)
- password: check with your hiring supervisor
Access Your Course
- Choose “Course Director” from the Quick Links drop-down menu
- Locate your course by term and location and click on the course name (if you cannot locate your course, please contact Melanie Gianferante).
Search for Textbooks and Add Them
- Click on “Add Adoptions” (even if there is no textbook; you will need to repeat this step for each textbook that is required and/or suggested)
- Search for your textbook by ISBN, author’s last name, title, or keyword
- If no textbook is required, select "No Textbook Required" from the drop-down menu
- Double check the selection, choose whether the selection is required or optional, add another textbook if applicable or create a student message to list required/suggested supplies, click “Approve” and you’re all done!
Undergraduate Faculty: contact Melanie Gianferante at Melanie.Gianferante@granite.edu
School of Education & Graduate Studies: Please contact your lead faculty member or program director